The 3rd biannual World Social Marketing Conference is coming up 19-21 April 2015 in Sydney, Australia. Jeff French, the Conference Chair, has developed a Top 10 list for why you should be there:
1. Hear the most up-to-date evidence and thinking about how and why social marketing is being applied around the world.
2. Meet and talk with the world’s leading thinkers, researchers and practitioners.
3. Grow you professional network and set up joint projects and interventions.
4. Promote you own organization and what it’s doing, and find collaborators to work with you.
5. Share and showcase your work and learn from others around the world about cutting edge projects and innovation.
6. Discover hundreds of new social marketing projects and practitioners.
7. Take part in specialist seminars and training events that will enhance your professional practice.
8. Be inspired by world class keynote speakers who will stimulate and challenge your thinking
9. Contribute to debates and Q&A sessions.
10. Chose from over 90 keynote sessions and seminars on all aspects of social marketing theory and practice.
I will be conducting a workshop ‘Exploring New Strategies and Tools for Social Marketing Research and Practice’ on the 19th and hope that some of you will join me. In the workshop we’ll be talking about and working with innovative methods that, when combined, offer an entirely new approach to thinking about and planning social marketing programs.
Based on past conferences, I predict that you will leave (reluctantly) with enthusiasm for applying marketing principles to social problems; new knowledge, skills and professional relationships; and will be talking about your experiences there for years to come.